Audition Information for Clue
Please read ALL of the below information about auditions for our 2023 fall play, Clue by Sandy Rustin
Audition date: Monday, September 11
Time: 3:10 p.m.
Location: South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center (PAC)
We are seeking students to cover 11 roles/ensemble tracks for this production.
- WADSWORTH: A traditional British butler in every sense: uptight, formal, and “by the book.” The driving force in the play.
- YVETTE: A french maid with her own secret aspirations. (Also plays the REPORTER in the final scene).
- MISS SCARLET: A dry, sardonic DC madam who is constantly looking to uncover and divulge secrets.
- MRS. PEACOCK: The churchgoing wife of a senator. A bit batty, neurotic, and quick to hysteria.
- MRS. WHITE: A pale, morbid, and tragic woman. Mrs. White may or may not be the murderer of her five ex-husbands.
- COLONEL MUSTARD: A puffy, pompous, dense blowhard of a military man.
- PROFESSOR PLUM: An academic Casanova who woos women with his big brain.
- MR. GREEN: A timid yet officious rule follower. He’s a bit of a klutz and awfully anxious.
- ENSEMBLE WOMAN: plays a cook,singing telegram girl, auxiliary Scarlet, and backup cop
- ENSEMBLE MAN: plays Mr. Boddy, a motorist, and the Chief of Police.
- ENSEMBLE: Plays unexpected cop (alive and dead), backup cop, and auxiliary Mustard.
Each student auditioning must pick one of the audition sides provided below. While memorization is not required, it will likely strengthen your performance and increase your odds of being cast.
Upon completion of auditions, some audionees may be asked to stay for an on-the-spot blind callback with materials you have not previously seen. Just because you are/are not called back doesn’t mean you will/will not be cast.
Students will be seen one by one individually to perform their auditions. The cast list will be posted on the Thespians board by the end of the school day on Tuesday, September 12.
. If you have any questions or would like to access a copy of the script to read in advance, please email Mr. Backes at email@example.com.