SMHS Theatre Parent and Community Support Opportunities
Theater at South Milwaukee, unlike various other sports and activities at the high school level, is completely free for all students to be involved in, and that will never change. However, putting on a production (especially one of high caliber) is always costly. For our fall play and advanced theater show, we receive no district funding—all money for rights, scripts, set construction, painting, costumes and everything else that goes into making a show comes from our own activities budget, which is partially funded by fall play ticket sales but mostly through fundraiser events.
Musical ticket sales, meanwhile, do not go directly back to the program, and while we receive a small amount of funding for the spring musical, putting on a show of high technical caliber requires us to supplement that funding with additional fundraising.
For anyone interested in supporting our program beyond purchasing tickets to our shows, we offer several ways for you to do so, described below. All of these opportunities are entirely voluntary. Any support you can provide, whether financial or through volunteerism or advocacy, is greatly appreciated.
Tim Backes, Director
Friends of SMHS Theater Booster Program
Donors through this program are recognized in our programs and website, unless they wish to remain anonymous. Full season support includes Fall Play, Spring Musical and Advanced Theatre Series.
- Actor level sponsor ($50/show, $125 full season): Receive two tickets to performance date of your choice and special thank you in program and website.
- Stage Manager level sponsor ($100/show, $250 full season): Receive four tickets to performance date of choice and special thank you in program and website.
- Director level sponsor ($150/show, $300 full season): Receive six tickets to performance date of choice, special thank you in program/website and a program ad to support your child in the show (see program ad information below).
Checks can be written to “SMHS Dramatics.” Freewill donations are gratefully accepted at all times, but the fall deadline for this specific donor program is Monday, October 14th.
Family/”Fan” Program Ads
Want to support someone in the show? Purchase a small ad that will be placed in the program. For $25 you get up to 35 words and a photo of your choice, and we’ll turn it into an ad for you. Submit your ads/photos to email@example.com. Deadline for ad submissions is Monday, October 14th.
The following options are available for business owners interested in supporting the South Milwaukee High School Theatre Company. All donations go toward the high school theatre budget, including scholarships awarded to seniors who will be attending college for the theatre arts.
- Presenting Sponsor ($500 single show, $750 season): Full page program ad, acknowledgement on show marketing materials, acknowledgement and link on SMHS theatre website (www.smhstheatre.org) and social media, acknowledgement on “meet the cast” board in lobby and acknowledgement in an announcement before each show, in addition to 4 tickets to the performance (night of your choice).
- Program advertisement ($100 quarter-page, $175 half-page): Design your own ad for your business or allow us to assist you. 25% discount when purchasing for full season (e.g. $150 for full season of quarter-page ads). Will also be listed on our website as a sponsor of our show.
If you have any questions about sponsorship opportunities or are interested in purchasing an ad, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Full season business sponsorships do not include Advanced Theatre Series production. Deadline is Monday, October 14 for the fall show.